A few years ago, I started getting too many events on my schedule for conferences, so I began using a spreadsheet to track all the sessions I wanted to attend, presentations I was scheduled to give, meetings with customers, times I had to be on booth duty, and, of course, social events I had to attend. This year’s OOW spreadsheet has 61 lines in it, so I’ll spare you the deep details. Here’s a recap of some of the most important events on my schedule over the next week (a few additions since my last posting of the same):
Collaborate 08 is here and I’m in Denver already to prepare for the start of the conference. This year, I won’t be blogging a day-by-day accounting of my whereabouts and happenings. Instead, I’ll save up for a summary of what I saw, heard, and vibes I felt during the week.
If you’re still one of the many that hasn’t quite finalized your itinerary for the week, check out these events from the RAC SIG:
- Sun, 13-Apr, 7:30pm, Hyatt Granite ABC: IOUG SIG Reception (this is all SIGs, not just RAC SIG)
- Mon, 14-Apr, 10:30am, Korbel 1F: RAC SIG Customer Panel
- Tue, 15-Apr, 12:15pm, Korbel 4C: RAC SIG Experts Panel
- Wed, 16-Apr, 1:30pm, Korbel 4F: RAC SIG Birds of a Feather
Also check out all the great RAC-related sessions happening this week. For convenience, the RAC SIG has assembled a summary of all the Collaborate 08 sessions related to RAC on their website for download.
Of course, I also would love to see you in my own sessions this week. Here is my presentation list this week:
- Mon, 14-Apr, 9:15am, Korbel 3B: SSL, Load Balancers, Rewrite, Redirect, and More Advanced Configuration (2-hour expert session co-presentation with Matt Topper)
- Tue, 15-Apr, 3:30pm, Four Seasons 2/3: Building a RAC Test Environment On VMWare For Free (2-hour expert session)
- Wed, 16-Apr, 8:30am, Korbel 3B: Oracle Adaptive Access Manager: What, Why, How
- Thu, 17-Apr, 9:45am, Korbel 2A: To RAC or Not To RAC: What’s Best For HA? Panel debate session (I’m the moderator)
When I’m not at one of those sessions or a RAC SIG session, I may be attending other sessions and will also be spending some time at the Piocon Piobooth #1619 in the exhibit hall (I actually have a real job!). My Piocon team members are presenting quite a few interesting sessions as well, so if RAC and IdM aren’t your things, check out these sessions as well.
If you’re at the conference and want to meet up, tweet me using twitter.com (I’m dannorris).