Collaborate 09 starts on Sunday, May 3 (a few days from now!) in Orlando. I’ve been offline for several weeks (more on that later), but will be returning to the world of computers and technology in full force in Orlando. I’ve had a few inquiries about whether or not I’ll be at Collaborate, so I thought I’d resurrect my blog with a post about where I’ll be and some of the highlights I see at Collaborate 09.
First, where I’ll be presenting:
- Monday, 10:45-11:45am, #301, “Avoiding Common RAC Problems”
- Tuesday, 9:45am-12pm, #332, “Installing RAC From The Ground Up”
- Wednesday, 9:45-10:45am, #121, “Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware”
I’m also currently the President of the Oracle RAC Special Interest Group (RAC SIG). The RAC SIG is hosting several great sessions (I’m moderating a couple of these panels) at Collaborate 09 as well:
- Sunday, 6-7:30pm, IOUG/SIG Welcome Reception (each SIG will have representatives there–this is open to all IOUG attendees)
- Monday, 8-9am, RAC SIG Orientation
- Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm, RAC SIG Birds of a Feather
- Tuesday, 4:30-5:30pm, RAC SIG Expert Panel
- Wednesday, 4:30-5:30pm, RAC SIG Customer Panel (not in online scheduler at the moment, check again later)
- Thursday, 8:30am-12pm, RAC Attack (University Session – Additional fee required)
The RAC SIG has also assembled this list of RAC-related sessions at Collaborate 09 to help you plan your conference agenda.
Be sure to set up your personal agenda using the agenda builder and add these sessions to your agenda. I think that if you have these in your agenda and details (like date or room assignments) change, you’ll be notified via email (not sure, but I think that’s how it works).
Also, you can follow @IOUG on Twitter (follow me too if you’d like) and that will help you find where the action is during the event next week. It’s going to be a great event and I look forward to seeing you there!