Okay, not for a while, but for those that are presenters at the conference, the US winter is a time of solemn writing. Whitepaper deadlines are approaching for the IOUG program at the Collaborate 08 (April 14-18 in Denver) conference quickly. Soon after, the presentations for those sessions will be due. No rest for the wicked after that since ODTUG‘s Kaleidoscope 08 conference will come soon after, in June in New Orleans (note to self: bring extra sweat rags).
As has been the case for several years, the IOUG and ODTUG have graciously selected some of my submissions for presentation at their respective conferences. While ODTUG has announced that they’ve selected their sessions, they haven’t yet posted them or notified many of the speakers.
For the 5 or so people that probably read this blog :), here are the sessions where you’ll find me at Collaborate 08 this year:
- To RAC or Not To RAC: What’s Best For HA? (this is a debate session that I’m coordinating), Thursday @ 9:45 AM
- SSL, Load Balancers, Rewrite, Redirect, and More Advanced Configuration (a 2-hour expert session co-presented with Matt Topper), Monday @ 9:15 AM
- Building A RAC Test Environment On VMWare For Free (a 2-hour expert session), Tuesday @ 3:30 PM
- Oracle Adaptive Access Manager: What, Why, How, Wednesday @ 8:30 AM
Of course, I’ll also be coordinating and participating in several sessions for the RAC SIG at the conference, but we haven’t yet set dates or times for them.
At the ODTUG Kaleidoscope conference happening June 15-18 in New Orleans, I’ll be presenting the following sessions (they haven’t scheduled them yet):
- How A RAT Will Save Your Job
- RAC For Beginners: The Basics
- Sunday Fusion Middleware Symposium session: SSL, Load Balancers, Rewrite, Redirect, and More Advanced Configuration (co-presentation with Matt–a repeat of the Collaborate session)
UPDATE: The last session listed above (OAS Advanced Config) is only to be presented at the Sunday Fusion Middleware Symposium instead of a regular conference slot. If you really want the full version, come to Collaborate! 🙂
If you submitted a session to ODTUG and haven’t heard back, check here for status.
Still not enough? I’m also presenting at the Northern California Oracle Users Group conference on February 19th at Oracle’s Conference Center on the HQ Campus. At that event, you can see me in the front talking on these topics:
- Oracle Adaptive Access Manager: What, Why, How, at 2:30 PM
- High Availability Options for Oracle Database, at 4 PM
It’ll be a busy spring and summer. I’m not sure I really understood how busy until I wrote it all down in one place…yikes.
Then things might calm down, but not for long since Oracle OpenWorld is coming early this year (September 21-25)!